Friday, May 16, 2008

Stop the Presses!!


Browsing through my Foodie Blogroll widget (below and to the right), I happened upon a blog that immediately seared itself into my brain: Real Bagels are Boiled. But it wasn't the bagel part that attracted me, it was the author's obsessive devotion to something called NATIONAL BURGER MONTH. Never in my own burger-obsessed life have I encountered such a vast and unusual trove of burger recipes and photos, from a startling shrimp-topped burger to James Beard's favorite burger, a decidedly unkosher blend of ground beef and heavy cream. Mysterious bagel blogger: I salute you.

The burger in the photo above was eaten by my friend Tom (right after he took the picture), another burger devotee, at Five Guys in NYC.

For more burger love, check out the always reliable A Hamburger Today.

1 comment:

bagel said...

Thanks for the kind words! To tell you the truth, as much as I love my burgers, I'm anxious for June 1 when I get to do other stuff for dinner. But we must march on for National Burger Month!